Antenatal & Pregnancy Scanning
Pregnancy is an exciting time to enjoy and cherish. An early pregnancy scan can give you that first glimpse of your baby and their heartbeat, and can give great reassurance.
At Northern Medical Women’s Health Clinic we offer both early pregnancy and dating scans (from 6 weeks+) and also gender scans from 18 weeks. The health of your baby is of utmost importance to us and we always perform measurements and check the wellbeing of your baby during these visits. We can also offer reassurance scanning in the third trimester.What we look for during these scans;
- Position of the placenta
- Measure the amniotic fluid index
- Assessment the fetus’ growth
- Establish a current estimated fetal weight
- Identify and measure fetal heart rate
- Doppler studies where indicated (blood flow across the baby’s cord)
- Determine the gender of the fetus if requested (97% accuracy)
You will receive a report of the scan findings, which will also be fully explained to you, and those all important scan pictures to take home with you.